- setup for permanent accessweb (HTTP, HTTPS, passive FTP, Squid, Webcache)
- mail (POP3, POP3s, IMAP4, IMAPs, SMTPs e SMTP sending via STARTTLS)
- protocols SSH, IPsec VPN, OpenVPN, PPTP, RDP
"polimi-protected" and "eduroam" wi-fi networks requirement and limitations
- wireless card compatible with the adopted radio standards: IEEE 802.11b (2,4 GHz 11 Mbps) and IEEE 802.11g (2,4 GHz 54 Mbps). For more details see the website Wi-Fi Alliance. The following standards are also available in some areas; IEEE802.11a (5 Ghz 54 Mbps) and 802.11n (2,4Ghz and 5Ghz) and 802.11ac (5GHz )
- operating system, drivers and software that support WPA2 ™ Enterprise. For more details see the website Wi-Fi Alliance.
- ensure that the terminal has been configured for the automatic assignment of the network configuration (DHCP)
- Network communication is not allowed between users of the "polimi-protected" network.
- download speed: 4 Mbps
Wired advanced access requirement and limitations
- Ethernet patch cord (UTP with RJ45 plug)
- It is forbidden to connect any network operating system (hubs, switches, routers, access points, ...)
- unlimited download speed